I’m actually really excited about this limiter. HOFA made one of the most flexible EQs I’ve ever used (review HERE) with the iQ-EQ and now they have released a limiter. HOFA is the one stop shop for powerful plugins that are extremely easy to use. The limiter is extremely minimalist in appearance but behind the knob and meters lies an algorithm that will bring a wall of sound to your mixes.
If you’re looking for the (mastering) limiter, that simply makes your productions maximally loud, you’ve finally found it.
Where other plugins try to attract with many controls, the IQ-Limiter convinces with a clear design that resembles an exclamation mark. And that is what this plugin will do: setting an exclamation mark after all your productions.
All necessary settings are regulated by the elaborately programmed intelligent algorithms, adapting themselves to the incoming audio signal.
Features V 1.0.3 (changelog):
- highly adaptive limiting for maximum loudness with minimum artefacts
- 16 and 24 bit dithering for the highest demands
- three intelligent algorithms
- precise intersample peak metering
- changeable plugin window size
- interactive tooltips & manual onboard
- “set as default” preset
- works with all common sampling frequencies
- 64-bit internal processing
- support for PC and Mac, 32 and 64-bit DAWs
The HOFA IQ-Limiter makes for:
outstanding results in spite of the easy handling
top pro masterings
“in your face” sounds also in the mixing process (e.g. groups, vocals, instruments)
- HOFA Plugins work with Windows 7/8, Vista and WinXP, as well as Intel-Mac from OS X 10.6.
- Audio Unit, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX.
- HOFA Plugins are tested constantly on the following DAWs:
Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, MOTU Digital Performer, Ableton Live, Apple Logic, Magix Samplitude/Sequoia, Avid Pro Tools, Cakewalk Sonar, Presonus Studio One, Cockos Reaper
The IQ Limiter can be purchased at an introductory rate of $150.99, after the introduction window, the rate will move up to $163.99
For more info and to try out the iQ-Limiter, visit http://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/iq-limiter/