Man, I had trouble typing the caps on the model number of this one due to my overdose on caps last Friday. Needless to say I won’t be doing that again any time soon.
Ok where were we? Ahh yes the Tascam DR-05. Looks like Tascam has taken the portable recording market and set the bar a little higher. These are great to leave beside your bed if you’re an aspiring song writer. I’m not sure where I stand in that category. I tried the leaving the recorder by the bed in case I felt “inspired” and the only thing I got was audio of my friends sneaking into my room and farting into the recorder and denying it. And you wonder why I’m as immature as I am.
TASCAM, the company that invented home recording, has launched the DR-05,a new portable recorder with high-resolution audio quality that’s simple to use.The stereo recorder features a pair of condenser microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL and low noise, designed to capture every detail and dynamic of a performance. The design of the DR-05 is optimized for sound quality, from the dedicated power supply for the codec to bring out the full spec of the A/D and D/A converter to the separate analog & digital circuit boards and low impedance circuit design with noise resistance in its compact case. The DR-05 records to microSD or microSDHC media, recording in MP3 or WAV (BWF)file format at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
- Handheld Portable Recorder
- Built-in Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function to set the optimum recording level automatically even in recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8² stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- 1/8² headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64MB 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB 32GB) card slot (2GB card
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus
- Tripod socket hole
- Dimensions: 2 3/8² W x 5 9/16² H x 1² D
- Weight 4 1/16oz.
Price: Around $99.00.
For more info, click HERE