I have a friend named Mike who once claimed he could get better gas mileage by peeing in the gas tank. I don’t know how many times we’ve had to pull his car home and drain the gas tank, but he would still try it. I’m just glad it was pee and not something else. Well I’m almost completely positive this “Mike” gives Mikes a better rep. It appears to be an actual condenser mic for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Mac. Looks like IK Multimedia needs to make one of these as well.
Mike by Apogee is the most compact studio quality USB microphone available for iPad, iPhone and Mac. About the size of an iPhone, Mike makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, acoustic to lap steel guitars, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand. Mike is also the perfect companion to JAM, Apogee’s studio quality guitar input. Never before has the personal studio been so portable or so powerful. Join the recording revolution with Mike, JAM and GarageBand on iPad.
- PureDIGITAL technology delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed to record vocals and acoustic musical instruments
- Great for voice overs, interviews and podcast recordings
- No configuration, just plug in and record
- Easily adjust input levels without accessing software
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Made for GarageBand on iPad and Mac
- Includes desktop stand and mic clip
- Size: 4.5″ tall
So far no release date or price but keep looking HERE for info.