When iZotope said, “very soon” they weren’t joking! The next evolution of iZotope’s complete interactive ecosystem of plugins is here with Vocal Synth 2. With a complete overhaul and updated interface, this tool could be all you need in your vocal effects tool kit.
iZotope, Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, released VocalSynth 2 and the iZotope Creative Suite. VocalSynth 2 offers an immersive vocal experience that adapts and evolves with a user’s unique style. iZotope Creative suite is a collection of exciting, inspiring products including Iris 2, Trash 2 Expanded, BreakTweaker Expanded, Stutter Edit, DDLY, Mobius Filter, and VocalSynth 2. With this release iZotope brings music production into the next evolution of vocal processing and a new suite of creative tools.
VocalSynth continues to offer music producers tools to take a mix through past, present, and future vocal sounds with five vocal processors including Vocoder, Compuvox, Polyvox, Talkbox, and now Biovox: a brand new effect based on the sonic qualities of the human vocal tract. iZotope has re-engineered VocalSynth to sound better, perform better, and provide a better result faster. New and updated effects can be found in the stompbox section including: Chorus, a commonly used vocal effect in vocal production and Ring Mod, a new ring modulator with a hint of tremolo. The Shred effect also offers extensive improvements that make it more powerful for chopping, slicing, and achieving beat repeating effects.
“In its first iteration, VocalSynth was a go-to for getting the creative vocal effects emusic producers know and love inspired by decades of vocal production styles ,” says Kim Pfluger, Product Marketing Manager at iZotope. “ VocalSynth 2 builds on this by incorporating user feedback and pushing boundaries into a fun, new space of what vocal plug-ins can do to shape new sounds in vocal production.”
The latest module in VocalSynth 2,Biovox, is a completely new effect based on a physical model of the human vocal tract, whose shape is continuously changing according to the input vocal signal providing a relatively neutral, clean-sounding modulation. Biovox is built to sound great across multiple genres with vowel replacement which makes cleaner-than-human, modern phrasing possible.
Inter-plugin communication was first introduced in Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 allowing iZotope plug-ins to communicate across different tracks in a mix.VocalSynth represents the next step in this journey. Now users can explore even more creative possibilities with the ability to better understand the context of a track in a larger mix. VocalSynth will be visible in Neutron 2’s Masking Meter and Visual Mixer as well as in Tonal Balance Control.
VocalSynth 2 Key features
- Biovox: Using scientific modeling of a human vocal tract, adjust human vocal characteristics like nasality, vowel shapes, and formants for a smooth, textural vocal treatment to any audio signal.
- Stompbox-style effects: VocalSynth 2’s effects include two brand new pedal-style effects: Chorus and Ring Mod with a unique tremolo effect. Now drag to re-order all seven effects including an improved Shred with sequencer as well as Distort, Filter, Transform, and Delay.
- 3 ways to play: VocalSynth 2 is built to be flexible, giving you three ways to interact and create: Auto Mode, MIDI Mode, and Sidechain Mode.
- Inter-plugin communication: Use VocalSynth 2 within Neutron 2’s Visual Mixer and Masking Meter, as well as Tonal Balance Control for a bird’s eye view of your music production at all times.
- Extensive sonic enhancements to the Vocoder module as well as Talkbox, Polyvox, and Compuvox that improve usability, CPU utilization, and sound quality.
- Reimagined interface with deep control: VocalSynth 2 includes a brand new, modern interface and the addition of advanced synthesizer controls for each individual module. Paired with a fluid, evolving visualization, VocalSynth 2 is primed for hours of creativity with you at the helm.
Pricing and Availability
VocalSynth 2 and iZotope Creative Suite are now available at www.izotope.com and select retailers. VocalSynth 2 will also be available Rent-to-Own through Splice for $9.99/per month.
All new products are on sale now through June 28, 2018:
- VocalSynth 2 is available for $149 USD (reg. $199), £139.00 (reg. £179.00), €149.00 (reg. €199.00)
- iZotope Creative Suite is available for $349 USD (reg. $499), £319.00 (reg. £449.00), €349.00 (reg. €499.00)
- Upgrade pricing can be found in individual user’s account information