We all can’t have perfectly tuned rooms to mix in and IK Multimedia has let us know that’s ok by them, they’ve got our backs with ARC. This system uses a mic to analyze the room and correct the room modes by EQ’ing your speakers to take care of the issues. It’s great for those dining room studios your wife won’t let you hang bass traps and wall panels in because she says they don’t go with her “horrible taste in decorating.” Well she didn’t say it quite like that, but that’s what I would’ve heard.
IK Multimedia announces the version 1.3 update of its acclaimed ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System. This new version adds native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems and is the perfect companion to the company’s T-RackS® 3.5 mixing and mastering suite.
The ARC System also has a new pricing structure that makes it more affordable than ever for users to bring custom control room tuning to their own studios both large and small with advantageous price reductions starting at 50% off of the previous systems’ prices.
The ARC System delivers the most advanced solution to acoustical problems for any DAW-based studio. Combining a professional calibrated measurement microphone, standalone software that captures sound information and calculates proper room correction, and a multi-platform plug-in: this technology will improve how your studio sounds forever.
ARC features the revolutionary Audyssey MultEQ® technology, which measures acoustical information throughout the listening area in your studio. It then combines this information to provide an accurate representation of the room’s acoustical problems. The equalization solution then corrects for both time and frequency response problems more effectively and efficiently than any other room correction EQ on the market. The result is a clear and reliable representation of your mix. Regardless of the acoustical issues in your studio, what you are recording, mixing or mastering becomes immediately clear and reliable and your studio sound will improve forever.
• The first and only room correction system in a plug-in for DAW-based studios
• Includes a calibrated measurement microphone, measurement software and multi-platform correction plug-in
• Improves clarity, stereo imaging and frequency response, for faster, more reliable mixing
• Revolutionary Audyssey MultEQ® technology corrects frequency and phase response not only for the engineer’s ‘sweet spot’, but also multiple points in the room
• Step-by-step setup measurement wizard will have you up and running in minutes
• A convenient, unique, mobile correction solution for the traveling engineer
• Sonically ‘treat’ your room so you can finally trust the sound of your studio
• Natively compatible with 64-bit applications and operating systems
The native version of the ARC System costs $299.99/€229.99* with a cross-grade option at $$249.99/€189.99*. The TDM version of the ARC System costs $349.99/€269.99* with a cross-grade option at $299.99/€229.99*. An upgrade from the native version to the TDM version is available for $99.99/€74.99*. The ARC System version 1.3 is now available from the IK Multimedia online store and selected music retailers.
For more info, click HERE.