I got the email in my inbox today announcing Pro Tools 10 and immediately my heart started racing. My hopes were quickly bashed into the wall repeatedly when I looked at the features and DIDN’T see 64 Bit support. Don’t get me wrong, the new features are very impressive but until I have the other half of my mammoth 8 Core Nehalem Mac Pro can be used for Pro Tools, I find it hard to get as excited as I should about all of these advancements.
I am the biggest Avid fanboy. I will use no other DAW because none come close and I know going from 32 bit to 64 is a huge task. I just really want to use the rest of the $6000.00 Machine I bought. Will I upgrade to 10? You bet your pasty butt I will.
Lets run through the new features:
New Pro Tools 10 software adds major new features to the world’s leading digital audio workstation, delivering on top requests from both audio post and music professionals. With it, Avid introduces several new tools and timesaving workflows, such as the top-requested Clip Gain, which separates pre-mix levels from Pro Tools software’s renowned mixing automation, greatly speeding up and improving the workflow between sound editors and mixers. Customers will also be able to achieve higher sound quality and better performance than ever, whether they’re recording, composing, editing, mixing, or playing back their sessions.
Work faster and easier with the most robust tools
- Speed up pre-mix and editing workflows with Clip Gain
- Experience better performance—even on network-attached or slow local drives—with disk handling improvements and real-time fades
- Get more flexibility—and 24-hour timeline capability—when conforming multiple projects into a single timeline
Sound your best, faster than ever
- Use multiple file formats and mixed bit depths in the same project—including interleaved—without converting files
- Record, edit, and mix in higher resolution with 32-bit floating-point file format support
- Get the sound of the renowned System 5 console EQ and dynamics with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in, now included with Pro Tools 10
Pro Tools 10 software (full version) retails for $699 US MSRP (please note that Pro Tools HD 10 software is bundled with Pro Tools|HD family systems only, and is not available for separate purchase except as an upgrade)
Pro Tools 9 owners can upgrade to Pro Tools 10 for $299
Pro Tools HD software owners can upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 starting at $999
Crossgrade pricing is also available for owners of Pro Tools LE®, Pro Tools M-Powered™, and Complete Production Toolkit. For more pricing details, visit HERE