Earlier this year IK Multimedia announced that they were partnering with amp and effects manufacturing companies to expand the Amplitube line. Well today, look what I got in the ol site inbox besides those ads to make you “perform better.” On a side note I took perform better as make me a better musician and boy was I wrong. I had to lay on my stomach while my room mate stood on my butt.
IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release of AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, the updated 3.5 version of IK’s leading amp and effects modeling software (not the mobile OS version). The Custom Shop is an entirely new tone shopping experience that is like visiting a real guitar store, but one that is open 24/7 right in the comfort of your own studio. The AmpliTube Custom Shop has the widest offering of legendary, officially certified brands and a price model affordable to anyone for building your truly custom tone.
Every new user can start by downloading a FREE, fully functional version of AmpliTube 3 – both a standalone application and plug-in – with a collection of 24 gear models (9 stomp boxes, 4 amplifiers, 5 cabinets, 3 microphones, 2 rack effects and a digital tuner) for recording and mixing in their favorite Mac/Win DAW, for playing on stage or practicing at home.
Then with the new Custom Shop feature – directly accessible within AmpliTube using an online connection – over 200 gear models of stomp boxes, amplifiers, cabinets, microphones and rack effects can be browsed, auditioned and purchased à la carte.
These include officially certified models from legendary guitar and bass brands such as Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Soldano™, Groove Tubes®, Gallien-Krueger®, Jet City Amplification™, THD®, T-Rex® and many others, with more models and brands coming in the future. Each model can be tested for free (for a period of 2 days every 2 months) before purchase, just like trying out an amp in a physical guitar shop.
Gear models are sold in the Custom Shop using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 20 credits each. Gear Credits are sold in packs from a minimum of 20 credits to a maximum of 500 credits, with individual gear models starting as low as $3 each!
With the AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, now everybody can build their own personal gear collection with a level of customization never seen before and at prices never so affordable.
You will have to upgrade to the Amplitube3 3.5 version, which is free for all Amplitube 3 users.
• The AmpliTube Custom Shop is available now in both free and full versions of AmpliTube 3.
• New IK users can download the Free version by registering here.
• The Free version is also now available in the IK user area for existing users of AmpliTube Fender™, Ampeg® SVX, AmpliTube Metal, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and AmpliTube 2 Live along with every other registered IK user.
• The full version of AmpliTube 3 with the new Custom Shop is a free update for all previous AmpliTube 3 users and can be immediately downloaded from their user area.
• Credit Packs for purchasing single à la carte models start as low as $19.99/€14.99 (for 20 credits) and go up to $299.99/€224.99 (for 500 credits) with these options: