Tone2 Audio has updated the PC version of the synthesizer workstation Electra to v2.7.5.
This update comes with a completely new standalone-version for PC. It also fixes some problems on PC.
The update to v2.7.5 is available for free and is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary.
New features (standalone-version for PC):
- Added a recorder that can export your jam-session to a wav-file
- The BPM-rate can be changed
- Added a soft-clipping-algorithm with low harmonic distortion
- The current patch can be saved on exit and is reloaded automatically on start
- MME-driver support
- Midi-through support with output-routing
- Added Midi-velocity-curves with multipoint-splines
- Optional Midi-transposition with up to +-48 semitones
- Optional Midi-channel-filtering
- The current BPM-rate, CPU-load and volume is shown on the top-panel
- Tooltips are shown on the top-panel
Enhancements (standalone-version for PC):
- Lower latencies for the soundcard drivers
- More responsive GUI with 120 Hz refresh-rate for smooth knob movements
Electra sometimes did not output sound after loading a project in Cubase. It could occur if a patch with mono/legato was used.
The link to the manual in the start-menu did not work.