Digital recording has brought a lot of great things to the table: ease of use, portability, and most importantly, cost-effectiveness; but like almost everything in the world there is a downside. The downside with digital audio is that is has no soul in and of it’s own. Its like looking at an un-tinted window, crisp clear but no character; but analog was what gave audio the coloration to that proverbial window. So out of necessity comes a viable solution, analog emulated plug-ins. So now one of the greats gets it’s time to shine in the digital world.
For more than 30 years, artists and engineers alike have been drawn to the warm sound, solid “punchy” low-end, and overall presence of the Studer® A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder. The sheer number of albums recorded on this legendary 2” analog tape machine — including classics from Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Tom Petty and Jeff Buckley — serve as shining examples of the musicality of analog tape.
Authenticated by Studer, and modeled by UA’s world-renowned team of DSP engineers and AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight over a 12-month period, the Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder plug-in for UAD-2 is the first and only product of its kind. This plug-in faithfully models the entire multitrack tape circuit path and electronics of an A800 machine — plus the distinct sounds of multiple tape formulas. Put simply, it’s the world’s most accurate representation of professional analog tape recording, now available on Mac and PC.
- Studer-endorsed, UA modeled emulation of legendary A800 Multitrack Tape Machine
- Provides the warm, natural sound and punchy low-end response of 2” analog tape — on Mac and PC
- Models complete A800 electronic signal paths, including Input, Sync and Repro paths
- Features four of the most popular Tape Formulas and Calibration Levels
- Tape saturation and overdrive via easy-to-use Input / Output controls
- Provides dead-on magnetic tape sound without the hassles of calibration, maintenance, tape degradation, etc.
- IPS Speed/Emphasis Curve chooses between 7.5 NAB, 7.5 CCIR, 15 NAB, 15 CCIR, 30 AES
- Gang Controls allows for fast global adjustment of all instances
- Run 24+ tracks with a single UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator Package
- Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide.
For more info and to buy, click HERE